Friday, May 26, 2017

This has been a thought of mine for a few months, honestly, since we released that self titled 7" in January. So, naturally, it's really weird to end this band; especially, because I've been doing it for three years, but it's time I laid it to rest. We were working on some new songs that I'll release the demos of eventually. However, I think right now, it's time for me to move on from ashala rock and focus on Home Poet Records and Tu dicis. I've always felt slightly uncomfortable in ashala rock. I've always been kind of a recluse with these songs and felt uncomfortable showing people these songs (not to say I'm not uncomfortable sharing tu dicis, but this band always felt way more nerve wracking). Anyways, for a brief history; I started writing stuff under this moniker in March 2014 about a month before my first band, Blind, broke up. Originally as a way to get out of the rut of writing 2 minutes skate punk songs. I learned a lot while doing this band and I believe I really honed my abilities, it evolved into my full time project. I recorded and wrote hundreds of songs for ashala rock. I met so many awesome people and I have made so many friends over the past three years. It's really weird to think that this band is going to be no more. We put out a handful of eps, a full length, a few splits, and we had songs on some comps. We also have a giant back catalog of stuff I don't care about anymore that I've taken off the internet forever. I'd like to thank everyone who took the time to listen to these songs, purchased these songs, helped me figure out what the hell I was doing, taught me things, or was just a good friend as I went through the writing/recording process of our full length. I spent a year on that record and there's still a lot I would change, but I think it is a good representation of the band. Anyways, I didn't want to get too sappy about this, but thank you to everyone involved in making this happen. Here's a select list of thank yous. If I forgot to mention you, give me crap in the comments and maybe I'll edit you in. Thank you so much, it's been great.
- Tim (guitar, vocals, and sometimes bass/drums)

Thank you: Bradley, Filip, Jordan, Vincent, Trae, Owen, Tom, Nemanja, Dessie,  John, Maria, Barry, Conrad, Scott, Vaughan, Nicolas, Daniel, David, Zach, Gareth, Brett, shannen, Bentley, Fredrick, Carlos, Jake, Matthew, Colten, Lucas, Colby, Brodie, Kevin, Taz, Chris, Fernando, Matthew, Andrew, Adam, Jordan, and so many more.
Thanks to all the bands we played with, all the bands we listened to, all the bands that inspired us, etc.

Thank you.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment